How You Can Help
Housing Works is powered by a vibrant community of volunteers who lend their time, dedication, and passion to many different roles within our non-profit organization.
By volunteering, you are directly responsible for providing funding to and advocating for New Yorkers affected by homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
We’re always on the lookout for dynamic and friendly people to help provide great customer service and an outstanding experience within our thrift shops. Each volunteer is trained to have the knowledge needed, and each person’s volunteer experience can be tailored to their personal skills and interests.
Do you have special skills or interests in any of the areas below? Let us know when you sign up!
- Customer Service
- Home Decor
Volunteering at Housing Works has greatly impacted my life. As a volunteer, I see two sides of it: One side is the giving side of yourself to helping the cause, the other side is helping yourself. It works both ways. It keeps you going for a reason, and the reason being the cause. It makes me feel good while making others feel good.
Norma, Thrift Volunteer & Jewelry Expert
Sign Up Process
Ready to lend your skills and volunteer?
Here is what you need to know:
- Click here and complete the online application.
- Attend one information session.
- Volunteers must be able to commit to one 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of six months.
- Shop hours vary and shift times can be flexible!
- Volunteers must be 16 and over; under the age of 16 must have a parent/guardian permission.