Ready for Work
Ready for Work
Housing Works’ Ready For Work Program is a 12-week intensive job readiness program open to residents of New York City.
Who is Eligible? RFW is available to individuals who are actively engaged in case management for no less than three months (3 months) and referred by their CM program.
- HIV positive
- SNAP Recipients (HRA case management)
- HIV negative with two of the following chronic illness: (Housing Works clients only)
- Heart Disease
- Mental Health Condition
- Substance Use Issue
This program is a combination of classroom and 20 hours a week paid on-the-job internship that would help individuals be successful in the workplace. The program will help build skills needed to enter the workforce including time-management, teamwork and creative problem-solving.
FROM THE CLASSROOM: Life Skills, Health & Wellness, Career Lab, Basic Computer Literacy, Benefit & Financial Planning, Resume and Cover Letter Creation, Mock Interviews and Work Ready Preparation.
TO THE WORKPLACE:
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Job-search assistance
- Paid internship placement at Housing Works
- Weekly sessions with a job Readiness Specialist and Placement Specialist
- Worksite supervision
- Assistance with college application
- Integrated case conferences
All individuals enrolled are linked to employers for job opportunities.
For detailed information contact:
Program Director: Jennifer Lester
Office: 347-473-7429; Mobile: 347-236-7836
Program Manager: Mark Anthony Locklear
Office: 347-473-7431; Mobile: 347-863-4227