Housing Works Bookstore Cafe has established itself as a New York downtown institution and tourist destination for the last decade. Special events and a fully stocked cafe make this a great place to meet friends, relax, and shop the best book, movie, and music selection in New York City. Our one-of-a-kind space is available for rental and all of our merchandise is donated. We are staffed almost entirely by volunteers and 100% of our profits go to Housing Works.
Upcoming Early Closings
The bookstore and cafe will be closing early:
- 7/2 at 6pm (Ask Roulette)
- 7/3 at 5pm (for Independence Day)
- 7/4 all day (for Independence Day)
- 7/13 at 6pm (The Moth)
- 7/16 at 6pm (The Moth Community Showcase)
- 7/17 all day (for staff appreciation)
Thank you for understanding our fundraising efforts!
Follow us @HousingWorksBks