- As Federally Qualified Health Centers, Housing Works Community Healthcare provides care those disproportionately affected by the coronavirus.
- We rolled out telehealth and virtual support options for clients. We also are responding to food shortages with emergency food delivery to our housing clients.
- We offer free community COVID-19 testing at our clinics as well as for residents at HRA housing sites.
- We successfully advocated New York City to take better care of homeless New Yorkers during the pandemic. This led us to operating emergency COVID-19 homeless shelters. We currently run health services for NYC COVID shelters and MOCJ (Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice) shelters.
- We also teamed up with longtime Housing Works supporter Rhonda Roland Shearer to distribute PPE to under-resourced communities.
- We negotiated with government agencies to expand mobile vaccination teams for New Yorkers experiencing homelessness.
- And Housing Works Community Healthcare has begun the work of distributing the vaccine.
But our work is far from over. Thank you for your support!
For a digital onesheet about our COVID work, including press coverage click here.