Job Training that Guarantees Graduates a Good Job
A good job is an important goal for all of us. We’re here to make sure you get the training and skills you need to land a good job.
We have our own Job Training Program that guarantees graduates a job here at Housing Works. We also refer you to outside training programs. Your case manager will work closely with you to determine your needs and find the right program for you.
These job training programs are competitive, but we’re here to help make sure that you have the best preparation possible. Our job is to help you find and succeed at a satisfying job of your own.
- Job tracks include Case management, Clerical work, Food service, Residential aide training, Retail, PC technical work, and Maintenance, among others.
- Upon graduating from the program, you are guaranteed a full-time job.
- A counselor works with you and your new boss for a minimum of six months to help you complete the transition into your new position.
Our Job Training Program is designed in stages.
- Peer stipend program. The first step to learning about jobs at Housing Works.
- Classroom training, including GED preparation
- Subsidized on-the-job training and support
- Guaranteed employment for all graduates
Applicants must be active in a case management program for no less than six months, and referred by their case management program (not exclusive to Housing Works), in order to be eligible for job training.
Contact your case manager for more information about how to apply. If you are not yet connected to case/care management services, call one of our 4 health centers today to find out how to join.
Fill out this form and someone from our staff will get back to you as soon as possible or call us at 877-296-9264
Our Health Centers
2640 Pitkin Ave.
Brooklyn, New York 11208
57 Willoughby St., Lower Level
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Medical Office: 718-907-6248 or 718-907-6242; Dental Office: 718-907-6243
West Village Health Center
320 West 13th St.
New York, NY 10014
743-749 East 9th St.
New York, NY 10009