New York, NY
The Store Manager is responsible for all administrative, operational, and merchandising functions of the store with the primary objective of meeting shop sales and profit plans. The Store Manager must provide high profile leadership, ensuring that customer service is prioritized over all other tasks and is responsible for the supervision, training and development of the employees and volunteers.
- Responsible for the creation of strategic work plans to ensure that sales and operational goals of the store are met. Adjust plans accordingly and celebrate success with the team.
- Work in cooperation with other departments, including but not limited to, Human Resources, Processing and Distribution Center, Donations, Marketing, and Merchandising to ensure store and company needs/standards are met.
- Set goals for the store team, manage execution, track progress, and measure results regularly using standard metrics including but not limited to; Sales Volume, Average
- Dollar Sale, Average Unit Sale, Traffic Counts and Conversion Rates.
- Formulate a pricing strategy in alignment with the Thrift’s pricing policy by reviewing sales by category, sales by subcategory, and sales trends.
- Conduct promotions and timely markdowns to include themed events and seasonally appropriate sales/promotions.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Housing Works policies and procedures and that all daily, weekly and monthly operational tasks are completed accurately and timely (inventory, paperwork, reports).
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, and training of employees and volunteers, ensuring understanding and compliance to shop standards, organizational goals and direction; including conducting progressive counseling as necessary.
- Encourage teamwork and foster creativity.
- Recognize talent and help to develop individuals for advancement within the organization.
- To understand and fully implement Housing Works’ customer service program, showcasing exemplary customer/donor service, including but not limited to greeting, saying thank you, explaining policies clearly and politely to the satisfaction of the customer, and by prioritizing assisting customers/donors over all other shop tasks.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training meetings/sessions and through independent study.
- Be a Housing Works Ambassador by knowing and communicating the Mission Statement, outreaching to the community, and participating in a minimum of one direct action per quarter aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Perform all other duties as directed by supervisor and/or executive management.
- Minimum of 3 years prior retail management experience
- Working knowledge of the second hand market to include the breadth of products offered in the Housing Works Thrift Shops
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills.
- Self-starting, self motivating mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail.
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based email applications required.
- College degree preferred.
- Flexibility in schedule; weekends and holidays are required; required to work over 40 hours a week as necessary.
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.