The Special Events Coordinator will provide critical production support for all fundraising events, including retail events, auctions, and physical challenge events. The Special Events Coordinator should be self-motivated, with a positive demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to make logical, strategic choices to improve fundraising event outcomes. The goal of the Special Events Coordinator is to help maximize the profitability of all fundraising events, to improve current operations with creative solutions and more efficient processes, and to help establish and cultivate relationships with key donors, vendors, and potential partners. The Special Events Coordinator should be comfortable prospecting and soliciting donations for specific events and auctions. The role requires the ability to interact seamlessly with all levels of the organization, from volunteers to executives. A successful candidate will have a passion for excellence and commitment to improving the health of people with or at risk of contracting HIV. A strong work ethic coupled with excellent organizational skills and a team-oriented approach are essential. This position reports to the Associate Director of Events and will also work closely with the Manager of Corporate Events. Housing Works offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan.
- Provide critical planning and production support for all fundraising events, including retail events, auctions, and physical challenge events
- Work with the Manager of Corporate Events to assist with communications involving key event participants, including creating communication schedules, drafting/ sending updates, and assisting with accurate and timely responses leading up to events
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director of Events and assist with budgeting/ invoice processing
- Monitor and update fundraising database with donor data; ensure that donor records are accurate and up to date
- Assist with the management of all on-site logistics during active event times including, but not limited to: event set up, physical install, catering, floor set up, retail operations, vendor deliveries, and volunteer coordination
- Assist with the planning and execution of retail operations at all special events including staff and volunteer management, floor plans to maximize sales, sales plans, and pricing
- Establish and cultivate relationships with key donors, vendors, and event participants.
- Work to create new partnerships with brands and organizations which improve event outcomes/ revenue
- Strategize and implement new systems to improve key event metrics
- Prospect and solicit donations for specific fundraising initiatives, such as major events and auctions
- Ensure that all special event donations are processed in a timely and precise manner, and also ensure that all donation acknowledgements and receipts are sent correctly and promptly
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event production, fundraising, or applicable retail experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to listen and take direction.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities in high pressure situations
- Ability to provide top-tier customer service, both internally and externally
- Superior organizational skills and ability to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required; experience using Salesforce and/or Basecamp preferred
- Ability to maintain confidential personal and financial information
- Willingness to work after hours at fundraising events and travel out of state for events when required
- Occasionally required to move furniture, equipment, and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Respect for people of all backgrounds without regard to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, housing status, or other factors
- Commitment to ending the AIDS epidemic in New York State by 2020 Please submit resume and cover letter for immediate consideration.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.