NYC Metropolitan Area
The Sales Associate works to provide first-rate customer and donor services, maximizing sales and to support the daily operations of the store.
Customer Service and Sales
- To understand and fully implement Housing Works’ customer service program which includes: * The 10/4 Greeting * The 4 Steps to Great Customer Service * And the 5 Steps to Handling Customer Complaints
- Showcase exemplary customer/donor service, including but not limited to greeting, saying thank you, and explaining policies clearly and politely to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Prioritize assisting customers over all other store tasks.
- To be able to service multiple customers at one time with courtesy and sincerity.
- To employ suggestive selling techniques to better meet the customer’s needs.
- Know the daily sales goals and upcoming events or promotions.
- Actively promote upcoming events, sales, promotions and Housing Works mission at all stations and at all times.
- Assist with marketing store in neighborhood, especially during upcoming events.
- Cultivate relationships with repeat customers in order to serve them better.
- Preserve positive work-atmosphere by communicating with coworkers, volunteers, supervisors and customers/donors cordially and effectively.
Point of Sale/Cash Wrap
- Complete cash/charge transactions quickly and accurately, bag purchases efficiently and communicate upcoming events and promotions to the customer.
- Conduct furniture sales as outlined in policies and procedures manual.
- Maintain register cleanliness, cash wrap area must be clean and uncluttered, bags and supplies must be stocked and organized for efficiency.
- Greet and thank donors with walk-in donations and provide excellent customer service as per the Housing Works’ customer service program.
- Offer Donor Inventory Form and provide assistance as necessary to the donor.
- Process merchandise according to store standards.
- Efficiently distribute goods to proper locations, taking into account all safety/processing guidelines.
General Duties/Asset Protection
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of sales floor, stock rooms, cash wrap, and fitting rooms.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and enforce/uphold all Housing Works policies and procedures.
- Utilizing the 10/4 greeting, acknowledge all customers, monitor fitting rooms and be aware of potential theft/tag switching.
- Ensure register, cash handling and banking practices are in compliance with Housing Works policies and procedures.
- Ensure that inventory and pricing guidelines are complied with and maintained.
- Report unsafe working conditions immediately and demonstrate safe work habits.
Housing Works Ambassador
- Participate in at least one direct action per quarter aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Know the Housing Works’ Mission Statement and goals and be able to inform and discuss with customers.
Create Volunteer Culture
- Embraces the Volunteer Toolkit and assists the management team with implementation of the guidelines.
- Create and maintain a welcoming environment for volunteers.
- Work with all staff to train and develop volunteers.
- Actively recruit for volunteers from customers, donors, and neighborhood institutions.
- Develop reciprocal relationships with neighborhood establishments.
- Reach out to neighborhood to drive donations.
- Develop and utilize local store marketing kit and in store marketing tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience/knowledge of thrift store environment preferred
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Self-starting, self motivating mindset
- Attention to detail
- Strong interest in the HW mission to end the dual crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS
- Basic mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based email applications
- Flexibility in schedule, weekends and holidays are required
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.