The Residential Aide Supervisor (RAS) ensures the safety, security and order for the daily operations of the residence during his/her shifts. The RAS provides crisis intervention as needed to maintain residential and facility security. The RA’s are responsible for 24-hour coverage and works in shifts of 8am to 4pm, 4pm to 12am, and 12am-8am.
The schedule operates 7 days a week, and all holidays as needed. The RA oversees the adherence to the facility’s operating policies and procedures, fire safety guidelines and the Residential Code of Conduct (RCC) or House Rules that governs the facilities. The RA works with clinical and program staff, on the health and wellness of residents.
- Create the schedules of the RA staff to ensure there is 24-hour coverage at the facility.
- Determine the trainings needed for the RA staff.
- Assist with rent collection procedures along with the Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager.
- Schedule monthly staff meetings and provide guidance on changing policies.
- Approve RA staff hours for accurate payroll accounting.
- Complete RA job performance and evaluations.
- Perform bi-weekly RA staff supervisions.
- Ensure the safety, security and integrity of all residents and guests, as well as the physical environment of the facility.
- Conduct periodic facility walk-throughs during a shift.
- Assist in monthly fire drills, and ensure all residents are out of the facility safely.
- Answer the phone and direct callers to the appropriate person.
- Assist residents with social functions (BBQ’s & fashion shows), while maintaining and enforcing the RCC.
- Attend all trainings and meetings directed by your supervisor.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide excellent customer service and confidentiality at all times.
- Communicate with the clinical staff on resident behavior as well as the care of those on the watch list.
- Enforce the Residential Code of Conduct and/or House Rules at all times.
- Maintain the integrity of the log books for guest and packages. Sign in/out all guest, and staff members as well as packages.
- Monitor the security cameras and fire panel frequently during a shift.
- Light custodial work consisting of cleaning tables, chairs, minor spills, dumping of trash.
- Shoveling of snow, and spreading of ice melt on the sidewalks.
- Complete all administrative paper work as it relates to completing incident reports, and work orders.
**People & Teamwork:
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork, and growing this within the team and coworkers.
- Builds relationships with other Housing Works staff and departments.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and communication with other staff.
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service; recognizes the needs of other team members and offers assistance when needed.
- Participate in advocacy and direct action to end the twin crisis of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of work experience.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent internal, external customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Able to lift 20lbs. with proper assistance and tools.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft outlook, word, excel and powerpoint.
- Willingness to work at multiple sites as needed, work occasional overtime and offer flexibility with regard to scheduling work time.
- Certificate of Fitness to operate the Fire Panel (if not within the first 90 days)
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self -motivated and self -directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time * management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
The qualification requirements, physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.