The Residential Aide (RA) ensures the safety, security amd the order for the daily operations of the residence during his/her shifts. the RA provides crisis intervention as needed to maintain residential and facility security. The RA’s are responsible for 24-hour coverage and works in shifts of 8am to 4pm, 4pm to 12am, and 12am-8am. The schedule operates 7 days a week, and all holidays as needed. The RA oversees the adherence to the facility’s operating policies and procedures, fire safety guidelines and the Residential Code of Conduct (RCC) or House Rules that governs the facilities. The RA works with clinical and program staff, on the health and wellness of residents.
- Ensure the safety, security and integrity of all residents and guest, as well as the physical environment of the facility.
- Conduct periodic facility walk-throughs during a shift.
- Assist in monthly fire drills, and ensure all residents are out of the facility safely.
- Answer the phone and direct callers to the appropriate person.
- Assist residents with social functions (BBQ’s & fashion shows), while maintaining and enforcing the RCC.
- Maintain the post of the front desk, unless instructed by supervisor.
- Attend all training’s and meetings directed by your supervisor.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide excellent customer service and confidentiality at all times.
- Communicate with the clinical staff on resident behavior as well as the care of those on the watch list.
- Enforce the Residential Code of Conduct and/ or House Rules at all times.
- Maintain the integrity of the log books for guest and packages.
- Sign in/ out all quest, and staff members as well as packages.
- Monitor the security cameras and five panel frequently during a shift.
- Light custodial work consisting of cleaning tables, chairs, minor spills, dumping of trash.
- Shoveling of snow, and spreading of ice melt on the sidewalks.
- Complete all administrative paper work as it relates to completing incident reports, and work orders.
- High school Diploma or GED and at least one year of work experience.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent internal, external customer service skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Able to lift 20lbs. with proper assistance and tools.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to work at multiple sites as needed, work occasional overtime and offer flexibility with regard to scheduling work time.
- Certificate of Fitness to operate the Fire Panel (if not within the first 90 days
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.