As the Property Manager of Housing Works Commercial Real Estate your responsibilities include the day to day operation and administration management of six commercial locations including a staff of eleven Custodians, communication process for repairs, safety, security and physical environment and compliance with regulatory requirements (OSHA, Fire Safety, etc.).
- Provide excellent customer service. Respond to customer requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner, and generate work orders directed to vendors or custodial staff.
- Follow up with the customer to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue. Ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Conduct weekly inspections of the property to ensure compliance with requirements and cleanliness of proper upkeep of the property.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of projects which has a beginning, an end and specific deliverables.
- Become proficient with property management software.
- Coordinate entry of all property information into the software program and establish reporting protocols for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor and tenant Certificates of Insurance and key files date tracking.
- Monitor all key dates and reporting within the property management system.
- Assist the Vice President for Commercial Property Operations with establishment of the Property Management Plan, Preventative Maintenance Policies and Procedures and Property Operations Manual.
- Develops and maintains day to day operational plans and budgets to meet all business requirements, and reports/manages to these plans.
- Establishes production and quality controls, budget and cost controls, and uses data regarding both internal and external business metrics to continually improve.
- Analyze the operational and financial performance of this department and identify and implement improvements
- Serves as the major liaison with the custodians to communicate the needs of maintenance and housekeeping support.
- Advises the Vice President for Commercial Operations about personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility and equipment needs to meet or exceed operational plans.
- Coordinates activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of Construction and Engineering, Human Resources and IT.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational and customer service problems to ensure great internal and external customer service, minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Trains, develops and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
**People & Teamwork
- Recruits and develops staff, including through mentoring and guidance, and identifying training needs.
- Ensures staff are motivated and aligned to achieve the organization’s goals, and that accountability and learning systems are in place and used effectively.
- Demonstrates excellent teamwork, and growing this within the facilities.
- Builds relationships with other Housing Works Departments.
- Maintains custodial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
**Advocacy * Participate in advocacy and direct action to end the twin crisis of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- A four-year College Degree in management, business administration or related study, or two to three years of related field experience.
- Must have 2 to 3 years’ prior management experience preferably in commercial property maintenance.
- Familiarity with OSHA, Fire Safety (Certificate of Fitness) and regulatory compliance for commercial property.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and administrative skills.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and strategic skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
The following attributes are desirable for job success: exceptional communication and organizational skills; detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; customer service experience; ability to work under pressure; self -motivated and self -directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
Physical demands and work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
This job description in no way states or implies that the essential duties described are the only responsibilities. The employee is required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other work duties at the request of the supervisor or other management personnel.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.