NYC Metropolitan Area
The SMART Program is a new collaboration between Housing Works and the NYC Department of Corrections (DOC) aimed at reducing the likelihood of recidivism for detainees in the custody of DOC. Specifically, the SMART program provides individual and group services to detainees at the Manhattan and Brooklyn Detention Centers, provides assistance with transition from jail to the community, and offers community based services to help stabilize participants, including connection to health care, housing, case management and vocational support services. The target population for this project is adult males (22 years and older). With support from the Senior Vice President for Community Services, the Program Director will have primary responsibility for management of the SMART program, including but not limited to program start up activities and program development, hiring, management of budget and quality metrics, integration with Housing Works internal programs, external linkage development and maintaining regular written and verbal communications with NYD DOC program staff. As a member of Housing Works senior team, the SMART Program Director will support Housing Works’ mission and exemplify our core values. The ideal candidate for the position will at least four years’ experience in management, proven experience in program or contract start up, demonstrate a commitment to the criminal justice involved population, and have experience in budgeting, reporting, quality improvement and staff management. A Master’s Degree in a related field is required. Direct experience with managing criminal justice related services is preferred but not required.
- Provide direct oversight of SMART Program
- Ensure fidelity to program standards
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly budget and program reporting
- Provide supervision to the Assistant Director and Clinical Coordinator.
- Manage consultants as needed to achieve program objectives
- Integrate the SMART program with other Housing Works services
- Help build partnerships with external providers to further program outcomes
- Adhere to policies as set by Housing Works and NYC DOC
- Maintain communication with NYC DOC regarding program staffing and operations
- Collaborate with NYC DOC to evaluate program outcomes
- Promote Housing Works’ core values in day to day activities.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Criminal Justice, Public Health, Law or related field.
- Experience and commitment to working with individuals with criminal justice involvement
- Minimum of four years’ experience with program management
- Budget management experience
- Direct experience working with correctional system preferred but not required
- Ability to obtain DOC clearance
- Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, required.
- Ability to use data to inform decision making
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.