New York, NY
Provides all home-based HIV health promotion, support and skills building services to the patients on a quarterly, monthly, weekly or daily basis.
- Educates, coaches and empowers HIV patients to obtain and maintain medical stability.
- Accompanies patients to routine primary care appointments and to other health care and social services encounters, as warranted.
- Is responsible for administering HIV health promotion curriculum and tracking the patient’s progress through the curriculum.
- Regularly meets face to face with clients on time per individual track level
- Coordinates ongoing navigation and logistical support for appointment keeping reminders, transportation, childcare arrangements, or other barriers.
- Works with the client and primary care provider to develop and follow up on the integration of intake assessment, care plan and reassessment.
- Actively provides integrated services with other health services programs
- Completes client data entry on time in all electronic records, (Eshare, EIcare) to ensure appropriate payments are received
- Keeps accurate detail record keeping of client’s progress in progress notes per program requirements, electronically as well as in chart form.
- Provides critical feedback to other members of the health care team based on his/her observations in the field.
- Provide DOT services at clients home, work or any other location that is convenient for Person Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH/A)
- Other responsibilities as required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the health field or case management.
- Ideal candidate has an Associate Degree in related field or field based experience in lieu of degree
- Bilingual English Spanish is helpful
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.