The Outreach Worker is responsible for the initial outreach and enrollment of clients referred to the Case Management program and the ability to connect with and engage the target client population.
- Conduct field, phone and mail outreach to new Health model at Housing Works.
- Complete client’s details at intake
- Track the outreach and engagement of all Lead Health Home referrals
- Gather, review and file medical, mental health & substance use reports from respective providers
- Outreach via phone, letter and home visit clients who have inactive Medicaid.
- Assist client with non-active Medicaid through initial entitlement process
- Achieve an engagement rate comparable or above industry standard
- Maintain and update an electronic spreadsheet of resources in the HH share drive
- Participate in advocacy and direct action to end the twin crisis of AIDS and homelessness.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested.
- Requires High School Diploma/Associates’ Degree.
- Experience in community outreach and a successful track record in achieving targets is preferred.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and engaging demeanor, ability to market and explain the program to potential enrollees.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, substance use, mental illness and other related issues. Ability to maintain filing system and electronic documentation.
- Must be able/willing to conduct field work and navigate public transportation Sale/Marketing experience is needed.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.