New York, NY
Transports donations of but not limited to; household goods, furniture, clothing, and related items as needed; including supplying HW thrift shops with supplies. Operate Vehicles as required to facilitate loading, unloading, and transport of donated goods. Effectively inspect donations for sale-ability.
- Abide by all policies and procedures in the Thrift P&P manual and HW Employee manual.
- Loads/Unloads furniture, clothing, housewares and related items on and off the trucks, ensuring safe arrival of goods.
- Transporting and building of bins from the Re-Fashion NYC program.
- Work with the dispatcher to fulfill the needs of the PDC and Thrift Shops.
- Ensure Proper care to vehicles and equipment.
- Maintain a clean NYS driver’s license.
- Reporting accidents.
- Perform miscellaneous jobs
- Excellent internal/external customer service.
- Valid, Clean NYS driver’s license; CDL preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3yrs moving experience moving furniture and related materials.
- 3yrs experience in Driving and safely operating large moving trucks.
- Ability to lift/manipulate objects up to 150lbs, with assistance if needed.
- Flexible schedule, work weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Knowledge of moving techniques.
- Ability to manage time, and effectively communicate.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to navigate through NYC streets, and surrounding boroughs.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.