New York, NY
The Medical Assistant will provide medical support for medical providers as well as general support for other clinical activities such as maintaining equipment and supplies. This position will serve as a Floater and will not be stationed at one permanent site.
- Provide staff coverage as needed.
- Organizes and prepares patient summary sheets and charts for daily clinic.
- Checks exam room for patient encounter and restock, clean as necessary.
- Calls patients from the lobby into the exam room. Obtains chief complaint from patient.
- Obtains vital signs as appropriate per patient visit and medical provider preference.
- Documents vital signs in EClinical Works.
- Assists with patient care under the direction of appropriate medical provider or Nurse Care Coordinator.
- Understands and maintains universal precautions in all clinical activities.
- Perform phlebotomy as needed.
- High School diploma – Medical Assistant certification required
- Health care experience preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Computer literate
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.