New York, NY
The Keyholder, under the direction of the Store Manager, is responsible for the sales and overall operations of the store. The Keyholder must ensure that customer service is prioritized over all other tasks and is responsible for the supervision, training and development of the associates.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Housing Works policies and procedures and that all daily, weekly, and monthly operational tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Work closely with Management to train and develop skills of all employees and volunteers to ensure that all fully understand standards, organizational goals and direction, including register operations, visual merchandising, and store maintenance standards.
- To understand and fully implement Housing Works’ customer service program, showcasing exemplary customer/donor service, including but not limited to greeting, saying thank you, explaining policies clearly and politely to the satisfaction of the customer, and by prioritizing assisting customers/donors over all other shop tasks.
- Ensure store is merchandised in accordance with Housing Works’ standards including creative visual display, appropriate pricing, cleanliness and organization.
- Work with the Store Manager to establish a welcoming environment for volunteers, including active recruitment, training and development, and ensuring compliance to volunteer guidelines.
- Ensure store is in compliance with all branding guidelines, including but not limited to signage, brochures, and promotional events.
- Perform all other duties as directed by supervisor and/or executive management.
Housing Works Ambassador
- Participate in at least one direct action per quarter aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Know the Housing Works’ Mission Statement and goals and be able to inform and discuss with customers.
- 1 to 2 years prior retail experience required
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience/knowledge of thrift store environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Self-starting, self motivating mindset
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong interest in the HW mission to end the dual crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS
- Basic mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based email applications required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Flexibility in schedule, weekends and holidays are required
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 40 pounds