Are you interested in providing on-the-job training in a supportive and community driven environment? Housing Works, a national non-profit, is looking for an Instructor/Job Counselor to bring his/her experience to the vocational training services located in downtown Brooklyn.
The ideal candidate will work with the team of the Job Training Program to provide classroom instructions and job readiness skills to participants. If you are interested in using your skills to assist with employment support then this position is for you.
- Academic instruction and job readiness skills building to participants
- Weekly one on one job counseling
- Identify and address on-the-job issues that impact performance
- Case conferences
- Serve as a liaison between trainee and support staff
- Bachelor level education
- Previous experience with job counseling, vocational training or 1-2 years in a similar position
- Experience working with issues of drug use, mental illness, HIV/AIDS, and other chronic illnesses
- Knowledge of workplace/vocational issues for people with disabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Search, Powerpoint and Data Entry.
- Ability to teach Basic Math
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.