New York, NY
Housing Works is recruiting to fill the role of a full-time (40 hours per week) Housing Coordinator in New York City. This role will serve as the primary connection between Health Home members, care management staff, service providers, and landlords/property managers.
- Connect Health Home members to housing opportunities.
- Hold housing groups and complete and submit 2010e applications via Pact as needed.
- Attend information meetings to remain current on trends and entitlement system changes.
- Develop and cultivate housing leads and resources.
- Provide housing resource information to care management staff.
- Track housing and effectiveness of stably housing individuals who cite housing as a barrier to achieving positive healthcare outcomes.
- Track, monitor and report housing placement for all consumers.
- Assess (or advise Care Managers in assessing) barriers to housing individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs.
- Develop screening tools and support Care Managers to determine client’s needs, goals, and eligibility.
- Bachelor’s degree, MSW preferred.
- Vast knowledge of all vouchers Living In Communities (LINC) I,II,III, IV, V; VASH; FEPS;HASA; New York/New York I, II, III;MRT, Housing, etc.
- At least 2 years of mental health experience and working with populations diagnosed with chronic health conditions.
- At least 2 years of housing experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HRA/PA system.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.