New York, NY
The facility Manager is responsible for the cleanliness and repairs within the Residential facility. He or she will maintain facility, the inventory of equipment and supplies. This position is also responsible for ensuring that the facility is in compliance with OSHA and Fire Safety standards, and all facility requirements.
- Responsible for the cleaning and repairs of the designated facility.
- Directly supervise custodial and maintenance staff.
- Ensure clients’ safety and the safety and integrity of the physical environment.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (fire safety, OSHA, etc.).
- Provide policy guidance and assist in the development of program policies and procedures.
- Actively support Open Book Management activities and initiatives; participate in the development, implementation, evaluation and modification of agency policies and procedures.
- Be on-call, as needed; ensure that there is 24-hour emergency coverage for the property at all times.
- Participate in monthly inspections of facilities, apartments, custodian supply rooms, and garbage areas to ensure compliance with requirements, cleanliness, and proper upkeep of the property.
- Ensure that the facility is clean and well maintained at all times.
- Respond to and properly manage the SalesForce-based work order system, as per agency policy.
- Coordinate and supervise the apartment turnover process, minor construction projects, and logistics planning as needed.
- Create and manage the custodian and maintenance schedules, to ensure there is coverage at all times.
- Refer projects, as relevant, to the Construction & Engineering Department.
- Strongly and enthusiastically support and participate in advocacy and direct action to end the twin crises of AIDS and homelessness.
- Complete, implement, and maintain cleaning schedules.
- Ensure that the facility is OSHA compliant.
- Meet with direct reports on an at least weekly basis for formal, documented supervision sessions.
- Attend all relevant trainings and ensure that staff attends required trainings.
- Maintain appropriate and current fire and safety policies to ensure safety of staff, volunteers, clients, and visitors.
- Provide ongoing assessments of the facility to ensure it best meets the needs of the clients, residents, and the agency.
- Advises the Assistant Property Manager about personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility and equipment needs as required to meet or exceed operational plans.
- Recruit and develops staff, including through mentoring and guidance, and identifying training needs.
- Maintain enthusiastic motivation and alignment to achieve the organization’s goals; ensure that accountability and learning systems are in place and used effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork and foster this with all coworkers and clients.
- Build relationships with other Housing Works departments.
- Maintain custodian and maintenance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; also, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Participate in advocacy and direct actions to end the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- A high school diploma or equivalency.
- Certificate of Fitness or Fire Director Certificate
- Plumbing and Carpentry experience.
- Must have at least two years prior management experience, preferably in Residential buildings.
- Familiarity with OSHA, fire safety, and regulatory compliance for Residential buildings and facilities in New York City.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Project management and SalesForce experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with property management software.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and administrative skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, to manage multiple projects at once.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.