The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work to provide outreach opportunities for community residents who lack access to healthcare and health insurance, provide enrollment and application follow-up assistance, provide access to financial assistance for PrEP services and build/strengthen enrollment collaborations with local partner organizations.
- Provide enrollment assistance (including but not limited to completing coverage applications, gathering required documentation and troubleshooting the enrollment process) for uninsured children and adults to access subsidized, low-cost and free health insurance programs through the health insurance marketplace, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Provide structured patient education on health coverage, engage in follow-up conversations and offer renewal assistance for enrolled individuals.
- Distribute outreach materials to patients, community members, partner organizations and businesses to build coverage option awareness.
- Develop, discover and attend community events in order to promote coverage options and the mission of the organization.
- Collaborate with various local organizations to build awareness of coverage options, spur enrollment and build referral linkages.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; participate in ongoing conference calls, webinars, and other professional development opportunities.
- Accurately provide required reporting to track goal achievement and client satisfaction.
- Assistance patients will applying for NYS PrEP AP and MAP.
- Assist in the development and implementation of organizational outreach and enrollment initiatives.
- High School diploma is required; Accredited Associate Degree in Human Services is highly preferred.
- At least two years of experience in providing intake and outreach activities including home visit services.
- Extensive knowledge of HIV related entitlement, mental health and substance use programs.
- Experience working with primary care centers a plus.
- Knowledge of health and human services infrastructure. Health insurance programs and public coverage options.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work in various areas, on-site and off-site
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.on, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.