Provide exceptional customer service as the first point of contact with clients by safely transporting passengers with medical, physical, emotional, or developmental disabilities in a safe, courteous and professional manner
- Provide exceptional customer service in transporting passengers with medical, physical, emotional, or developmental disabilities.
- Follow predetermined route and/or daily manifest within five boroughs of New York City.
- Conduct pre-trip vehicle inspections to ensure sound vehicle operations.
- Assist passengers as required including proper wheelchair securement.
- Maintain record of rider numbers, origins and destinations.
- Maintain communications with the dispatcher.
- Completes required initial and ongoing training as needed.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid and clean NY State Driver’s license and ability to navigate NYC streets and the surrounding areas.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving a 15-passenger van.
- Ability to lift and handle 50 lbs required.
- Must complete CPR training classes within 90 days of employment.
- Have had no more than two (2) moving violations in the past five years and no convictions of a serious traffic violation (i.e., DWI, driving with a suspended, canceled or revoked license) in the past five years.
- Must remain insurable throughout duration of employment.
- Dependable & flexible as well as possessing the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Basic computer knowledge and prior experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required.
- Able to prioritize and follow through on assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team player while maintaining a professional manner and presentation at all times.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Assertive and resourceful; self motivated; willing to ask questions, take initiative and be able to communicate clearly.
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.