Downtown Brooklyn, NY
This position assists the Community Partnerships team by helping to connect new clients/patients to Housing Works’ programming through an efficient and friendly customer experience. This role is pivotal to maintaining effective partnerships with other organizations. The ideal candidate is outgoing, personable, articulate, organized and persistent in their mission to connect individuals to care. This candidate envisions developing into a Community Partnerships Associate capable of managing partner relationships independently.
- Maintain knowledge of Housing Works’ programming, screening tactics and eligibility requirements as well as effectively articulate the benefits to eligible clients/patients.
- Assist in enrolling clients or registering patients and helps clients access entitlements, health insurance and benefits if barriers present.
- Coordinate client transportation and ensure client adherence to initial visits and appointments
- Navigate new client/patient throughout Health Center site during day of appointment and deliver the patients’ courtesy lunches during their visit.
- Assist manager in organizing outreach efforts, promotional materials and producing data reports that help improve quality of partnership
- Attend and co present at community events
- Provide tracking support to ensure client/patient adherence to referrals made including follow-up calls and/or emails to Partner/Case Manager Document and critically think through possible solutions for customer service issues
- Participate in professional training and development opportunities including certifications required as navigator and facilitated enroller
- High School diploma; Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree preferred
- One year of experience as a patient navigator or working in healthcare setting Recent certificates as navigator or facilitated enroller a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organized and able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment Able to work independently while also supporting the team
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills that are timely and effective including phone etiquette and concise emails
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to conduct him/herself in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Accurate, precise and timely in reporting and managing numerous admin task
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.