This position’s goal is to ensuring Housing Works’ billing processes recover the maximum permitted payments for the lifesaving services we provide, in compliance with our regulatory and contractual obligations. The position works across Departments (lifesaving services, finance, credentialing) and with external partners (Managed Care Organizations, Medicare, Medicaid) to lead the development and improvement of billing operations. The position is highly visible and requires strong strategic, operations and influencing skills.
Our lifesaving services include Primary Care, Health Home, ADHC, Dental, OASAS, and Mental Health Services.
- Designing changes to improve our billing processes and billing results (recovery rates, payment times, billing efficiency, compliance)
- Working closely with lifesaving services operational managers to implement changes and to continually improve
- Establishing and monitoring systems to resolving disputes with payers and overcome other roadblocks
- Meet billing financial standards by providing annual billing budget information; measure results against plans; identifying trends and variances; and proposing and implementing corrective actions.
- Month-end closing of the billing group information
- Personnel development; staff meetings, Staffing discussions and planning/interviews; Team building
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a medical billing department
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and internal personal skills
- Proven track record of developing budgets, tracking budget expenses and financial skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- College degree in accounting/finance/business management preferred
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.