The Keyholder, under the direction of the Store Manager, is responsible for the sales and overall operations of the store. The Keyholder must ensure that customer service is prioritized over all other tasks and is responsible for the supervision, training and development of the associates.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly and monthly operational tasks are completed accurately and timely (inventory, paperwork, reports).
- Utilize Housing Works’ tools to ensure store operations and standards are met.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all Housing Works’ policies and procedures.
- Constantly review store environment to improve operations and merchandising.
- Ensure that store uses daily focus with staff/volunteer deployment, sales goals, special promotions, and daily to-dos.
- Work closely with Management to train and develop skills of all employees and volunteers to ensure that all fully understand standards, organizational goals and direction.
- Ensure staff and volunteers have been thoroughly trained on register operations, visual merchandising techniques, and store maintenance standards.
- Demonstrate proper care, handling and maintenance of donations, store merchandise and all interior fixturing.
- Ensure store is merchandised in accordance with Housing Works standards. This would include but is not limited to creating exciting displays, displays that promote upcoming events and execute floor plans that feature and highlight premium quality product.
- 1 to 2 years prior retail experience required
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience/knowledge of thrift store environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), interpersonal and team-oriented skills
- Self-starting, self motivating mindset
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail
- Strong interest in the HW mission to end the dual crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS
- Basic mathematical skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages
- High level of knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and web based email applications required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Flexibility in schedule, weekends and holidays are required
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.