The MSV Social Worker reports to the Director of Behavioral Health Services
- Responsible for the service-based aspects contract along with delivery of direct services.
- Provides direct services which include care coordination, treatment adherence counseling, and crisis intervention. Have experience in different interventions which include, but are not limited to; psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, harm reduction, strength’s based, motivational interviewing and mindful-based practices.
- Comply with the policies and procedures in compliance with NYS law and HW agency wide policies and procedures. These policies and procedures include those related to program operations, care and treatment of patients, activities and service data collection and verification, medical billing, quality assurance, medical records.
- Ensures all client records are maintained in accordance with all state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Monitors programs’ enrollment and discharge trends to ensure retention and quality.
- Manage public relations to promote awareness and understanding of MH services.
- Comply in the development and execution of Quality Improvement Initiatives in collaboration with Director of Behavioral Health Services or his designee.
- Maintains confidentiality and professional ethics.
- Participates and supports advocacy efforts to end the twin crises of homelessness and AIDS.
- Graduate degree in Social Work and is licensed in NYS as a Social Worker.
- Five years or more of clinical experience in a health, mental health and/or social service setting. Experience operating a service based contract a plus.
- Experience in working with homeless and SRO clients.
- Knowledge and experience working with the dually diagnosed community of HIV/AIDS and mental illness.
- Knowledge and experience with state and local policies of NYC affecting persons living with mental illness, HIV/AIDS. Some Experience in program planning and program operations.
- Experience in MS Excel, time management and accomplishing task deadlines preferred.
- Home visits for clinical purposes