Housing Works Bookstore and Café is looking for a part time barista to oversee volunteers and daily operations in the café.
- Open, close and implement general operational duties of the cafe including cash reconciliation, cash register management and light banking.
- Coordinate and train volunteers and participants in Housing Works’ Job Training Program for store and event operations.
- Making salads and cookies.
- Displaying pastries.
- Stocking, cleaning and organizing the café.
- Ensure Customer Services standards.
- Making coffee, tea, espresso drinks (Latte art is a plus, but will train)
- Help with set up and break down for events.
- Represent Housing Works
- Participate in at least one direct action per quarter aimed at ending the twin crises of homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Know the Housing Works’ Mission Statement and goals and be able to inform and discuss with customers, volunteers and donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least a year of barista experience
- Experience with customer service
- Knowledge of AIDS issues and/or nonprofit background a plus
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training