Housing Works seeks a motivated, energetic, confident and compassionate individual to teach assigned classes and work on a one on one basis with trainees when needed.
- Teach assigned literacy classes.
- Prepare lesson plans for each class, create and revise curriculum.
- Prepare monthly evaluations of students in class.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least one year of tutoring/ education experience is preferred.
- Experience working with persons with issues of drug use, mental illness, HIV/AIDS and homelessness.
- Knowledge of workplace and vocational issues for people with disabilities and/or with HIV/AIDS a plus.
- Strong teaching skills, including the ability to balance sensitivity and classroom management.
- Strong English grammar, math and reading skills.
- Ability to deal with people from diverse backgrounds and varying skill levels.
- Creative, organized, detail-oriented, team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a plus,