New York, NY
The clinical social worker will provide individual and group psychotherapy to an assigned caseload of clients in a NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH) licensed clinic. He/She will provide evidenced based treatment for clients diagnosed with psychiatric and substance use problems. He/She must be familiar with issues related to HIV, homelessness, forensics, and LGBT health and be familiar with NYS OMH clinic regulations and standards of care. He/She must have ability to coordinate care with primary health care clinics, Health Homes, and other social service/substance abuse providers, including the criminal justice system.
- Conduct initial diagnostic evaluations to determine need for treatment
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy using evidenced-based interventions
- Provide crisis intervention to clients at risk for acute psychiatric conditions.
- Engage client’s participation in treatment planning and discharge from service.
- Monitor treatment progress and review treatment goals and objectives as needed.
- Engage clients who have dropped out of treatment through active outreach and care coordination.
- Collaborate with other treatment providers including psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, and primary care providers, around client care.
- Document all services rendered in a timely manner.
- Participate in discharge planning of clients and provide referrals when needed.
- Participate in regular supervision and attend staff meetings
- Master of Social Work degree required
- LCSW required
- Knowledge of evidenced-based interventions: cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, dialectical behavioral therapy, relapse prevention.
- Knowledge and use of DSM-V diagnostic criteria.
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment.
- Knowledge of Office of Mental Health clinic regulations.
- Knowledge and use of the electronic medical record.
- Bilingual Spanish, strongly preferred
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.