We’re listeners, advocator’s’, mentors and believers. We are passionate about great people, and you should be too! Housing Works has an abundance of promotional opportunities within the Case Management program.
We are looking for Care Navigators that can assist the Care Managers with carrying out the core Health Home services, including care management, care coordination, family support services, transitional care and linking clients to other community based services.
- Responsible for alerting or bringing important follow-up items to the care manager’s attention.
- Responsible for assisting the care manager and other Health Home team members in implementing the individualized care plan.
- Conduct field work to members’ homes and other provider settings as needed to fulfill plan of care.
- Outreach via phone when clients have not kept important appointments.
- Electronically track specialty medical, behavioral, and support service referrals made for client, and ensure that the client follows up and receives all of the care they need.
- Consistently exhibit Housing Works core values of team work, advocacy and customer service
- Performs other responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor Degree plus one year experience in a related social service field
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, required
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working with the adult population
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of and sensitivity to chronic medical conditions, including HIV, mental health and substance use issues, diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart disease and Hep C