New York, NY
We’re listeners, advocators’, mentors and believers. We are passionate about great people, and you should be too! We are looking for Care Managers with carrying out the core Health Home services, including care management, care coordination, family support services, transitional care and linking clients to other community based services.
- Responsible for alerting or bringing important follow-up items to the Supervisor of Care Management.
- Outreach members via phone, conduct field visits, and complete assessments.
- Electronically track specialty medical, behavioral, and support service referrals made for client, and ensure that the client follows up and receives all of the care they need.
- Consistently exhibit Housing Works core values of team work, open book management, advocacy and customer service
- Performs other responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor Degree plus one year experience in a related field.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, required.
- Knowledge of community resources
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to chronic medical conditions, including HIV, mental health and substance use issues, diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart disease and Hep C
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.