We’re listeners, advocators, mentors and believers. We are passionate about great people, and you should be too! Housing Works has an abundance of promotional opportunities within the Case Management program.
We are looking for Care Managers that will provide care coordination services to members with chronic health conditions. Care Managers that will work in a variety of environments (e.g. health clinics, etc.), interact with members leaving the hospital, and perform home visits. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members – serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all. Want more flexibility, want more autonomy? Work from your own home and coordinate a visiting schedule that is mutually beneficial to you and the members we serve.
- Assess client’s needs for services and cooperatively develop an integrated care plan and goals with the client/family and other providers.
- Coordinate transitional care from an inpatient service to other settings as per care plan.
- Work collaboratively with team members to provide outreach and engagement too hard to reach clients.
- Maintain documentation and update care plans at specific time intervals or as needed in Housing Works and Health Home electronic medical records system
- Conduct field work to members’ homes and other provider settings as needed to fulfill plan of care.
- Provide assistance through advocacy and psycho-education to client and family for entitlements and other community services
- Understanding of and sensitivity to chronic medical conditions, including HIV, mental health and substance use issues, diabetes, asthma, hypertension, heart disease and Hep C
- Consistently exhibit Housing Works core values of team work, advocacy and customer service
- Performs other duties as requested
- Masters’ Degree in social work or related field or Bachelors’ Degree with at least two years of experience in a related social service field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of care management
- Experience working with the adult population
- Ability to travel to member’s residence
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies, public benefits and additional community resources
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to work a full-time (40 hours minimum) flexible work schedule
Housing Works provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements; Housing Works complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.