Gifts of Stock
Gifts of stocks and bonds can be one of the most advantageous ways of giving. When you contribute appreciated securities to Housing Works, you can :
• Bypass capital gains taxes (especially valuable for stock you have held more than a year),
• Claim the full value of the gift as a charitable deduction,
• Make a larger gift than if you first sold the securities and then donated the net proceeds, and
• Support the vital, comprehensive services we provide homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS.
Securities may be donated electronically by providing the following information to your financial institution :
Name of Brokerage: Vanguard
Brokerage Account Number: 30724418
DTC Number: 0062
Name of the Account: Housing Works
Contact Name at Housing Works for this Account : Jolanta Ilczuk
Telephone number: 347-473-7443
Mailing Address: 57 Willoughby Street, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11201
**When you make a stock donation, please contact Sarah Morrow at 347.473.7443 or email@example.com with the following information:
• Your name and complete address
• Name of stock and number of securities transferred
• Date of transfer
This information will help us monitor the proper receipt and acknowledgement of your generous donation.
The value of your gift is calculated by using an average of the high and low prices of the security on the date that it enters our account. This information is included in our acknowledgement letter, which can be used as proof of your donation for tax purposes.
Housing Works is a 501 ( c) 3 organization. Federal tax identification number: 13-3584089. All donations are tax deductible as permitted by law.