Community

Our Stories

Giving Looks Good On You

Giving Looks Good On You

On Wednesday, November 22, New Yorkers packed the house to support our 10th Annual Fashion For Action Opening Night Reception. 600 of fashion’s fabulous people enjoyed a night of designer discount shopping, sipped Owl’s Brew infused Ciroc cocktails and enjoyed their own photo shoot courtesy of Lifetime—all in the name of charity. Taking place on Transgender Remembrance Day, the five-day fashion event, silent auction and designer sale raised funds for Housing Works’ HIV-positive transgender clients.

Housing Works would like to thank the New York fashion community for their support. It is the generosity of our co-chairs, committee, brands, sponsors and ticket buyers that help make this event a huge success!

In the spirit of the season, we asked our event co-chairs what they were thankful for this year. As expected, their responses were as unique as they are:

Patricia Clarkson: “I’m thankful for the people behind the scenes working hard to make this city great.”
Michael Carl: “I’m thankful for my niece coming in town for the holidays, and the Giants winning streak.” (ed. note: Michael Carl was interviewed on 11/20/13)
Natalie Joos: “I’m thankful for the recent climate change study that acknowledges global warming and the change that study will bring.”
Asher Levine: “I’m thankful to be surrounded by hardworking, loving, talented, positive people.”

Missed out on the Action? You can still make a fully tax-deductible donation that will directly support comprehensive services for Housing Works’ HIV+ transgender clients. Follow this link to give back.

blog comments powered by Disqus