Dispatches from the fight against homelessness and AIDS
Posted by Mikola De Roo , July 17, 2017
Mark your calendars for Housing Works’ 3rd Annual Health Fair & Block Party, Saturday, July 22! We will be offering information on a wide variety of community health services as well as free health screenings and testing. We also have planned a full day of fun activities for all ages, including Raffles, Zumba Hour, a Dance Contest, Face Painting, FREE Food ????, and more! Free & open to all!
WHAT: Housing Works Health Fair & Block Party
WHERE: in front of Keith D Cylar House Health Center, Housing Works Inc., 743 East 9th Street (between Ave. C & D) in Manhattan, rain or shine
WHEN: Saturday, July 22nd, 11:00am-5:00pm
WHERE: Keith D. Cylar Community Health Center, in front of Cylar House on East 9th Street between Avenues C & D, rain or shine
DETAILS: This annual outdoor health fair is being organized by the Community Advisory Committee members of the Housing Works Adult Day Healthcare program. It’s free and open to all and will feature the following resources throughout the day:
- free, private health screenings and testing, including Hep C, HIV, STDs, glucose, and blood pressure by Housing Works Community Healthcare staff
- informational tables and valuable community health resources by co-sponsoring partners, such as Amida Care, Faith Pharmacy, Gilead, and more
- free food and drinks
- DJ and dancing, including a dance contest
- engaging activities and entertainment for kids and adults, including raffles and prizes, Zumba Hour, face painting, games, and arts and crafts
- information about Housing Works’ advocacy efforts, including its AIDS-Free NY 2020 campaign
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Share this post on Twitter and Facebook!Tweet
- To learn more about our advocacy efforts, sign up for our weekly AIDS Issues Update blog and check out www.housingworks.org/advocate.
- Stay current on the Housing Works advocacy agenda and on upcoming events and opportunities to mobilize with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- Support our advocacy work on behalf of people of color, LGBT people, and other marginalized communities and donate to Housing Works today!
Help us advocate for the rights of all people living with HIV/AIDS