Dispatches from the fight against homelessness and AIDS
Posted by Mikola De Roo , November 18, 2016
WORLD AIDS DAY 2016: Remember + Raise Your Voice
Please join us on Thursday, December 1st, for a special coalition World AIDS Day event. This year we’ll be at the newly completed AIDS Memorial Park in Greenwich Village for a dedication of the space, a memorial reading of names, poetry and musical performances, and words from elected and government officials and community members.
WHAT: World AIDS Day 2016, a coalition event to mark the opening of the new NYC AIDS Memorial Park, to remember the past, and to raise our voices for an AIDS-FREE NY by 2020. This non-ticketed event is free & open to all!!
WHEN: Thursday, December 1st. Program begins at 11:00am, with reading of the names of those we’ve lost to AIDS to commence at 10:30am.
WHERE: new NYC AIDS Memorial Park, St. Vincent’s Triangle, at 7th Ave. & Greenwich Ave. NOTE: This year’s event is outdoors, so dress accordingly! Limited, 1st-come, 1st-serve accessible seating will be available for those with disabilities or health conditions. The event will also be live-streamed indoors at the nearby LGBT Community Center, at 208 W. 13th St, between 7th & 8th Aves.
WHY: Together we can make our vision for an #AIDSFREENY a reality.
Co-sponsored by Housing Works & our allies at ACRIA • ACT UP NY • Adolescent AIDS Program at Montefiore Medical Center • AIDS Service Center NYC (ASCNYC) • Amida Care • APICHA CHC • Bailey House • Bedford-Stuyvesant Family Health Center • BOOM!Health • Brightpoint Health • BronxWorks • Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS • CAMBA • Callen-Lorde Community Health Center • Clergy United for Community Empowerment • Elmcor • End AIDS Now • Exponents • Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies • GMAD • GMHC • Grand Street Settlement • Harlem United • Human Intonation • The Institute for Family Health • Iris House • Latino Commission on AIDS • LGBT Center/The Center • Living with HIV, Inc. • Love Alive International • Love Heals • Montefiore Medical Center • Morris Heights Health Center • Mount Sinai Health System • National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS • NYC AIDS Memorial • NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation • NYC Health Department • NYS Department of Health • Queens HIV Care Network • Queens Hospital • STAR Program – Downstate Hospital • Translatina Network • Treatment Action Group (TAG) • VillageCare • Visual AIDS • VOCAL-NY
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Join us for World AIDS Day on Thursday, December 1st. RSVP online here.
- Share this post on Twitter and Facebook! Tweet
- Share and post the downloadable PDF below of the event flyer in English and Spanish.
- Learn more about the Housing Works AIDS-FREE campaign, a collaborative, multi-year initiative committed to ending the AIDS epidemic—in New York State by 2020 (AIDS-FREE NY 2020), in the United States by 2025 (AIDS-FREE USA 2025), and worldwide by 2030 (AIDS-FREE WORLD 2030).
- Join the Housing Works advocacy community! For more information on how to get involved, contact Jaron Benjamin, VP of Community Mobilization & National Advocacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our advocacy efforts, go to www.housingworks.org/advocate.
- Support our advocacy work on behalf of people of color, LGBT people, and other marginalized communities and donate to Housing Works today!
- To learn more about our advocacy efforts, sign up for our weekly AIDS Issues Update blog and check out www.housingworks.org/advocate.
Follow Housing Works on Twitter, @housingworksblog comments powered by Disqus
Help us advocate for the rights of all people living with HIV/AIDS